Sunday, November 1, 2009

2nd woman, 1st in age group and a little more confidence

I ran a 5K yesterday to prep for my 1/2 marathon to attempt to qualify for NYC. Truthfully, I felt like I was going to puke - that my legs had no juice and that I was going to fall on my face during the 75% of the run. However, I still managed an average of 6:52 and PR'd by 40 seconds. I didn't get happy about that until a while after finishing. You see, when I had approached the finish - I could see 20:52 on the clock and I REALLY wanted to break 21 minutes. Oh well, save that for next time :)

I can't complain - I was second woman and 1st in my age group. I get really kinda psyched when the announcer calls about my name. Ah, spoken like your typical overachiever :)

Next up, the Maine Coast 1/2 marathon. I'm nervous - I really don't feel overly confident that I can achieve the time I need but all signs point to yes. For the first time in it's history, the NYC marathon will open the 2010 race lottery tomorrow. I will not enter the lottery in hopes that this psychologically preps me to qualify next week.

No comments: