Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's Showtime in Chi-town

Tomorrow ends the 16 week preparation for Chicago Marathon. Jay and I are more than ready. As I said to Christine today, I think the 1 week of taper is worse than the 15 weeks of intense training. Christine drove me 1 hour into Chicago today so I could make sure I didn't switch the chips between Jay and I - I mean, I knew I didn't do it but of course my obsessive mind got the best of me and I gave in. Fine, I'm in an intense situation and I gave into my obsession - I admit it - but you know what? I felt better and now I just get to be excited for the day.

I know I am capable of completing my goal as is Jay. I cannot wait for us to be celebrating our successes tomorrow - and possibly booking a big trip as a reward on Monday. The actor and actress have practiced and are ready for their performance - it is truly showtime. Big PRs and BQs all around in Chi-town tomorrow.

No comments: